Monday, November 3, 2008

Somethings missing...


Saturday morning... day after Halloween... going through mounds and mounds of candy. What to eat first??? Mmmm.... this popcorn ball looks yummy.
She takes a bite and wouldn't you know??? Rae's tooth decides to fall out. And I cry. My baby's passed the next milestone to not being so much my baby. How can something that is so hard for me be so WONDERFUL to her??? She has been wishing for loose teeth since she was barely 3 years old. And now she is running around like it was Christmas morning at Disneyland. I know that the prospect of the tooth fairy coming and being able to be part of the missing tooth club at school is all great... but what about Mom having to deal with my little precious darling princess angel growing up???? Okay, yes... I am over reacting a little. And she does look absolutely adorable. And she is so super-d-duper-dy elated. It'll all be okay... right?

11 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

It's easy for me to say it'll be okay, since it hasn't happened to me yet...ha ha. You have to only do this 19 more times, but the first on the last, is still the hardest.

Mortensen's said...

Can't imagine! It's a long way away for me, yet! Go ahead and cry. She'll be picking out a wedding dress before you know it. Big sigh!

wood0306 said...

So Cute!!! It is hard to believe, however you have seen what has happened at my house. It will all be ok!!! If I can make it, you can too :)

Cindy said...

Fun for Rae! I didn't get to be sad when Noah lost his first tooth. I was too busy being shocked! Noah has lost about five already (I think I've lost track). Four of them he lost months before he started Kindergarten!

briananddoris said...

I LOVE it!!! We'll have so much fun at each milestone of Rae's life just watching her enthusiasm and delight in life's special moments. Enjoy.

Becky said...

I will react the same way! She sure is a little cutie!

The Higgins Family said...

she's adorable! Man, my kids are still getting their teeth. Don't feel bad about bemoaning the speed of time... watch me pretty much flip out when Benjamin starts kindergarten-- in less than TWO YEARS! ACK!

Jo said...

That's the CUTEST picture!!! I MISS HER so much(oh ya, and you too! hee hee hee) I love all 50 of the kids halloween costumes this year (especially YOSHI!!!) And the blue man group...How in the world did you get the kids so BLUE??? love Love LOVE it! Miss you tons!

Tiffany said...

William will be SO jealous!! He too has been telling me that he has a loose tooth since he was 3! Oh BTW, Will claims that he is going to marry either Rae or Lily or any girl in our ward..... just so you're aware, and all little girls his age are his girlfriend..... do I need to start panicking yet? Because I am a little..

Rae Lynn said...

I can't even think about that milestone yet. KD starting pre-school nxt year is giving me heartattacks all ready.... I would cry too.

Kris and Q said...

Yeah for Rae! What a milestone that is and yet I know its got to pull at your heartstrings to see your baby getting bigger. She is a precious one.