Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Temple Square




I took Raeannen and Bailey to Temple Square last night to see my beautiful niece, Sarah, sing with her high school choir. They are really good! It was fun to give Sarah a quick hug before we headed out into the cold to enjoy the beauty around us. The little girls ran around holding hands and giggling, pointing out different colors and decorations. They also loved the huge tree in the JSMB. My camera battery was pretty much dead, so the pictures are a little fuzzy, but hey.... gotta have pictures, Right?
We went over to wish Grandma Doris a happy birthday and warm up with some hot cocoa and birthday cake. I have the best mother in the world. At least, she is perfect for me. She lifts me up when I am down and she delights in my good times. She is wise and thoughtful of our needs. She's cute and quirky, yet beautiful and admirable. She adores my husband and children and they adore her. She is our family angel and we are all so blessed to have her in our lives! Love ya Mom!!! Happy Birthday!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your mom too... always has a ready hug for me, cause she just knows I need it. Happy birthday Doris... I love you too...

wood0306 said...

It is so good to see some updates! The girls are so stinkin cute!

Jenni McVey said...

Cute pictures of the girls. I must agree with you about your mom too. She is an angel!

Becky said...

We still haven't made it to Temple Square yet this year. I think we'll have to go for family night next week. Cute kids, your own and the adopted one!

Chuck said...

I don't want to make the other Aunt's jealous, but I gotta say Aunt Doris is pretty dang cool.

Bridget said...

Hey Shan. I found your blog! Love those pictures! I just barely started on mine and I have a ton of fun with it! Email me at nursebbennett@hotmail.com :)

Kris and Q said...

Temple square was great this year I thought to. I am so glad read about your special relationship with your mom what a blessing.

The Funky Bunch said...

The girls look so cute. We get to go see the lights this next week...we're so excited!

briananddoris said...

Thanks for the love and good wishes. I'm so grateful for my wonderful Shan and her family.