Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rae's year end revue



So, here we are... Rae's first year of dance classes has come to an end. We drove to Magna (with the Higgins in their sweet new van) where we met Grandma Doris and Grandpa Brian at Cyprus High School. My good friend, Sydney, saved us some great seats right up front. (Thank you!) I am sure that it is a pretty nice auditorium when the air conditioning works, however, it was VERY HOT!!!

Thank goodness we had some darling little girls who entertained us for the two hours of extreme heat. Rae was excited to perform again and I think she is the best in her class. (Yes, I know all mothers think that, but it's true). Vincent was so proud of his little sister. Can ya tell?

I do think that I will start looking for a different studio. I really don't think she learned much more than I could teach her myself. I think for the amount of money we've put out she should at least know her first position from second. And to be honest, the dance she did in her preschool promotion was just as cute as this one. What do you all think? Gimme advice.

At least they have darling costumes and she did have a great time at class. But I'd rather save the money... she has just as much fun dancing with the daycare kids here at home. :) I have signed her up already for summer dance and we are trying tumbling just to see what she thinks. Maybe she'll love tumbling more and we'll just stick with that. I guess time will tell.

4 comments:

Jenni McVey said...

I must agree with you, that the preschool dance was just as cute! But you must admit that Rae dancing in anything would be cute! She's just a great performer! She looks darling in her costume!

Mortensen's said...

Too cute! At this age, it's more for the fun then for the technique, unless you get her into a program that's strictly ballet or strictly tap or whatever. Have fun!
Am

Cindy said...

Really cute! And hey, sometimes we just know when our kid is the best, right!?;)

Becky said...

Wow, you guys have been busy... What a great bunch of kids.