Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Morning


We have a rule at our house that the kids can't wake us up until after 6:00. Without fail, we can hear them giggling long before that time, however, they are so great! They just hang out our door until 6:01 and then attack us and get us going.
This was a fun year... I think the kids were all happy with their stash of gifts. Jason's favorite gift was his new Ipod... imagine that. He really wanted orange... we had him thinking we'd gotten him green. So he was very relieved when he open the paper to find his favorite color. Vincent was totally excited to get "everything". He wasn't feeling 100% that day...

he ran a little fever and slept a lot. Rae's favorite gift is hands down her new kitten, Mona Lisa. (I'll get a picture later). She was so excited to open the box and have little Mona pop out. She started trying to think of a name, and I told her it was a boy kitty. She didn't want a boy kitty. So I told her we could take it back. No, she want's THIS kitty, she just wants it to be a girl kitty. After about a half an hour of telling her it's a boy, and her saying she wants it to be a girl, I finally said, "Fine. It's a girl kitty," to which she clapped her hands together and said, "Yeah!!!" That was that.










6 comments:

The Funky Bunch said...

Looks and sounds like you guys had a fun Christmas! Glad the kitty fiasco got solved! Lol.

Mike said...

Isn't it nice that it's so easy to please Rae?!?! Just tell her what she wants to hear and she's happy! Your Christmas morning looks like so much fun!

Mortensen's said...

Too funny! I don't think the kitten cares if it's a boy or girl, and no one is going to be verifying the gender. You'll have to get it surgically altered, anyway, to apease Bob Barker. I love all your Christmas pictures. It looks like it was a fun and memorable season for you and the kids. Did Ben get to have any fun? Maybe one of these years the girls and I can go with you to the Nutcracker. Love you!!!

Cindy said...

Glad you had a good Christmas! Your cat is going to be so confused.;)

The Higgins Family said...

Oh, I love Christmas! I'm so glad y'all had a good one!
When I first got my cat, Fluffer Nut (yeah, I know... what a name...) when I was kid, I guess he wasn't very well-endowed because we thought he was a girl until we went to get him spayed and ended up getting him neutered. He didn't seem to suffer much from this little gender mix-up. What a funny girl Rae is! :) Love you guys!!!

wood0306 said...

So Cute!!! You have such adorable kids. What a fun Chrismas! I love the whole kitty thing. Rae is so silly :)