Friday, April 25, 2008

Building more than just a Bookshelf


So... we had ran out of storage space for our movie collection around Christmas this past year. I kept putting off getting anything because I just didn't want to spend money on something I didn't like. However, I finally got sick of stacking the movies higher and higher on the wall and so I went out and purchased this bookshelf. I brought it home fully expecting Ben to put it together.
Well, he didn't. My awesome husband saw an opportunity for some good learning experiences. I think it originally started as a project for the boys, but of course Rae got into the action as soon as she got home. They had such a good time and worked so well with each other. It was great to see them bond together while working together to accomplish their goal.
Almost done! Of course Rae had to try it out before the shelves went in.
And here they are... with their masterpiece! They did such a fantastic job! And Jason, Vincent and Rae are closer than ever. (I think I just might go get some other things for them to work on... hee hee)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOOOVE it! What great team work! Your family is such a greatexample!
Love you to pieces!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindy said...

Cool, all the kids working together! Reminds me of when I was in Jr. High and my stepdad made my brother and me put a desk together. I complained at first but it ended up being a great experience.

Becky said...

What good kids!

Jenni McVey said...

I'm impressed! Very impressed!!! I think I may hire them to come do somethings for me! Do they clean? hee hee hee! It's fun to see what is keeping them busy!

Mortensen's said...

Shan,
I just tagged you on my blog. Check it out for how to play.
Love ya!
Am

The Funky Bunch said...

Hey Shanna, it's Mylee!! How are you doing? I found your blog through Susan Wilson's (I hope that's ok!) It has been forever since I've seen you, yet we live right around the corner. Too sad! Email me at love8smiles@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invite to my blog. Then maybe we can keep in touch! Love ya! Mylee:)

Susan said...

Hi Shanna...it's Susan. I just had to laugh at Mylee's post above because I just found your blog through hers! I am so excited to find you here in this blogging world. Brook still talks about Rae all the time...we need to get them together!

P.S. What a fun post, your kids are too cute!