Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thoughts on Conference


I have been so excited about this past General Conference. I think it is not only because of my love for President Monson and being able to participate in sustaining him as our new head of church, but more so because I have been more prepared to listen and learn. I had been praying for some guidence in many areas of life, especially where it comes to my children. Please, please, please dear father, help me!!! There were several talks that really impressed me, but two talks totally hit home. Sunday afternoon session. Thank you Sister Tanner for that beautiful talk on "My Soul Delighteth". I have so much to be thankful for and so much to "delight" in. My incredible husband, my wonderful children, my awesome family, my sweet home, thoughtful friends, incredible teachers, beautiful children to take care of, living prophets, and most importantly my Savior. Thank you Elder Ballard for your inspirational talk of "Young Mothers". Now, I know that I'm not that young (compared to most of the mothers in my ward), but I am still not even near "old". I loved listening to his questions and answers. It was also good for me to trade out my name and put Ben in here and there. His wise counsel was the answer to my prayers. Thank you dear Father in Heaven! Thank you for loving me and hearing me and helping me. What a testimony building weekend for me.

9 comments:

Jenni McVey said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I felt like conference was catering to me! It's nice to hear someone else who felt the same way!!!! I can't wait to read the talks again!

The Higgins Family said...

Amen. :)
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It meant a lot to me. :) I love this blogging thing--- such a wonderful way to keep touch with those we love.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mortensen's said...

Love you, Sis! This is such a sweet post! You're the best!

Cindy said...

Shanna, nice post! You are awesome. Your blog is so cute. I ran into your blog from another blogger in the neighborhood. Come visit mine and say hi. I'm just starting and it's pretty fun.
Cindy H. :)

Jo said...

I am so for you happy Shan. Hearing you share your strong testimony is one of the sweetest, best things I can think of. I am so proud of you!

Jo said...

Sorry about the word dyslexia!!! I'm such a dork!

Unknown said...

Oh Shan, thank you so much for your post...you are such an inspiration to me. You lift my spirits and make me smile ;). You make me want to be a better person. Love you, Joey

Anonymous said...

Shanna,
I just LOVE you!!! You will always hold a special place in my heart! When is the next girl's movie night?
~Lisa