Monday, April 14, 2008

A Priest named Jason

There are all kinds of scary things associated with children turning 16. Driving (I'll never sleep again), dating (where do I start???), jobs.... will I ever see my son again? But some things make it all worth it. I am so proud of Jason. He is such an amazing guy. He is extremely grounded on his beliefs and his strong testimony lifts us all. Grandma Alice and Grandpa Gene came up from Flowell and Grandma Doris and Grandpa Brian drove over from Centerville to share Jason's ordaining with us. Thank you for helping us to make it a special day!
Vincent really looks up to his big brother. (He will probably deny this if you ask.... brother rivalry has become huge around here). They do really love each other. I try to grasp the hugs when I can.
I think the adoration goes both ways with Rae and Jason. (Bet you couldn't tell, huh.)
And of course we had to add the wacky picture of the family. No shortage of fun around here!

8 comments:

The Higgins Family said...

Congrats, Jason!! Wow, what an awesome cousin I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all are AWESOME.

Unknown said...

Hang in there Shan... before you know it, he will be on his mission, and you won't have a thing to worry about....(whatever)! Love you guys tons... Joey

Becky said...

You guys are so cute. Really. What a wonderful day...and such a good boy!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! You have such a great family! You deserve it!
Way to go Jason!!!

Anonymous said...

I have made my blog private, so I need your e-mail address to invite you to be on it.
Send it to my e-mail:
captainthunder73@yahoo.com
~Lis

Jo said...

You guys look like you're having a blast....wish we could be there with you! I am so proud of Jason...what a stud! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Cindy said...

You must be so proud! Jason is a great kid. Love the goofy family pic! You all have such personality.