Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Walk


The kids and I spent a few hours at the Stansbury Park Millpond Gristmill. It was fun to see all of the fun pumpkin displays. They had a little maze set up and lots of little games like beanbag tosses.

I never have been able to pass up a photo op like this. Maybe next year Vince can be a scarecrow and Jason a flying pumpkin. Rae is wearing the Donkey Kong costume I made for Vincent when he was three. We were looking for a quick fix just to wear around the gristmill and DK is definitely easy on easy off.


The kids did a little coloring while we were waiting to watch a few friends dance. I really love it that they can have fun together... maybe not the time of their life, but still they can enjoy each other.



Before we went home, we decorated cookies. Vincent wanted me to take a picture of his for the blog and tell the story behind it. There was a guy hanging out in a cave full of stalagmites and stalactites. Well, I guess there was an earthquake or something because one of the stalactites fell on top of the man. You can see his leg poking out from the front of the stlactite (candy corn) and I think an arm is in the back. So sad... poor guy.

3 comments:

wood0306 said...

I love living in a small little town. This is one of my favorite reasons. The Pumkin Walk :) It's just good silly family fun. It was good to see you yesterday!!!

Steven and Kimberly said...

I am amazed at all the costumes you have made. I can't even sew. I know where I'm going when I need help sewing!!

Jenni McVey said...

Awesome family fun!!!! Looks like you guys are living up the Halloween Season!!