Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fun on the River

We had a lot of fun on the river this year. Rae and I went down the first time together. She was a little hesitant at first because she didn't want to get water in her nose. I told her we'd be fine. So, we're floating down the river and I feel like it's going great. She' s lovin' life and thinks it's pretty cool. Well, wouldn't ya know about half way down the river, we hit some pretty good rapids and got SOAKED! The next thing I know she's trying to stand up on top of me, pushing me down through the tube. It took everything I had not to slip down and lose both of us. Needless to say, I got a nasty "bru" as Rae calls it and a screaming daughter, but we made it to the bottom. That was her only time down the river.
My sisters and I had a blast together. We all went down multiple times and all came away with various battle wounds ranging from semi-mild to not-so-mild. It was awesome, we just laughed and laughed and laughed, and cried a little too. :)
Meanwhile, the kids were doing what kids do best.
It was great to have all five girls together.... and Mike. :)

1 comment:

briananddoris said...

I have to agree that it was a great reunion, especially watching you girls have such a good time together. Bless Mike. He needs some reinforcements in the form of a brother or two living closer.