Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

After the races, Rae and I went and saved spots for our family and friends to watch the parade. Ben and the boys hurried home to shower... THANK GOODNESS! Michelle and Sean Higgins came with Oscar and Bailey. Rachel Wood brought Deja and Chance. Sydney and Anna Holmes were the last to show. It was a lot of fun to watch the kids. We had to really twist Jason's arm to get out there and gather candy (for the baby of course). Grantsville is always perfect for banking on tootsie rolls and soft water taffy. The kids usually each get a few frisbees and sometimes even t-shirts.


After the parade, they all came over to our house for a bar-b-que. Vincent really wanted to show off his Guitar Hero skills and we all ended up taking turns playing. I don't know why I love that game so much... I really can't play to save my life, but it really is fun.
We finished the night at the Stadium of Fire. Rae was so excited to see Miley Cyrus and the rest of us were psyched to see the Blue Man Group. We didn't plan very well and got stuck in traffic and missed the skydivers. Bum deal... but the rest of the show was quite the production! BMG definitely didn't get enough stage time, but we all knew that the majority of people there (young girls with parents like us) were there for HANNAH MONTANA. Anyway, Rae had a mega blast, she was a little frustrated at first, I think she thought we'd be in a more intimate venue... but once we got into it, she was more than content.

All in all, we had a fantastic Fourth. One to remember anyway..... :)

1 comment:

Jenni McVey said...

It looks like a perfect day! Maybe next year we'll come to your parade! Provo's parade doesn't do candy anymore. It's just not as fun! I must say that I love Guitar Hero too. It's a little addicting. I have to watch my play time. Poor Claire would get neglected if I didn't!