Tuesday, July 22, 2008

McVey Family Reunion '08


We all gathered at the Erkies up in Idaho. We had Cindy's family (imagine that), Mom and Brian from Centerville, Trish from St. Louis, Amber and Francis and kids from Wisconsin, Mike, Jenny and Claire from Pleasant Grove, Jo and Justin and kids from Louisville and us, the Harpers of Stansbury Park.
The kids were all so happy to see all of their cousins. Rae is a few years younger than the other girls, but they are so good to make sure she was included as much as she wanted to be. I think I've mentioned before that she's a momma's girl, so she hovered around me a lot... but she had a lot of fun with the girls too.
Jason and Vincent consider Wesley and Spencer their best buddies ever. They would be more than happy to pack up and move to Idaho today if they could.


Cindy and Morgan had just put a beautiful fire pit in their parklike back yard. So of course we took full advantage of it. We spent every night talking around the campfire, roasting marshmellows and just enjoying each others company.

It was also fun to see Cody and his girlfriend McKenna. They came up on Sunday. I really loved spending so much time with the people I care about the most. I did really miss George and Sammie and their kids and Chuck and Julie and Otto. We did think of them a lot and hope that they are doing well.

I am so greatful for such a wonderful family. I consider them my best friends and love them with all my heart. We have truly been blessed to have each other in our lives.

No comments: